HISTORY OF ALTRUSA INTL. &
ALTRUSA INTL. OF CALDWELL COUNTY
Altrusa International was organized on April 11, 1917, in Nashville, Tennessee, by a group of executive and professional women who were dedicated to improving their communities by personal service.
By 1935 there were more then 100 clubs in USA and then it became international with expansion into Mexico in June 1935.
Today, there are clubs in 12 countries. Altrusa Intl. Headquarters is located in Chicago, IL.
Every two years an International Convention is held in area where an Altrusa Club is located.
Altrusa Intl. of Caldwell County was organized on June 22, 1974, with 21 members. The organizational meeting was held at the old Lenoir Country Club.
Altrusa Intl. of Caldwell County is located in Altrusa District Three that is comprised on North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia & Florida.
Each year a District Three Conference is held in one of the four states.
We have been represented on the District Three Board by two of our members, one of them serving in the highest position of Governor District Three. We have also been represented on the Altrusa International Board by one of our members who served as Director.
“Past Governors of Altrusa District Three”